Hive was built for speed. A streamlined, effortless workflow means you can build up your tracks in no time. Layer multiple instances, then tweak away until your track is just right. With Hive you get a surprisingly CPU-friendly instrument that always delivers the goods—a lightweight synth with a heavyweight sound.
Underneath its sleek exterior, Hive lets you go as deep as you like. Add movement and life, quickly create and rotate patterns with the combination arpeggiator / sequencer. The 12-slot matrix even lets you modulate the effect parameters, encouraging you to explore a whole new world of creative options.
With its swappable audio engine, flexible signal routing and quality effects, Hive makes sure you can get the sound you want with a minimum of fuss.
- Low CPU usage
- Single page user interface
- 2 oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators with free pitch offset
- Up to 16x unison per oscillator
- 3 different synth engines
- Solo buttons for auditioning oscillators and filter signals
- Flexible oscillator and filter routing
- Arpeggiator and step sequencer with realtime recording
- 7 re-arrangeable effects: distortion, chorus, delay, phaser, EQ, reverb, compressor
- 12-slot modulation matrix with ‘Via’ source and 2 targets per slot
- Create, save and load individual panel presets.
- Resizable UI
- MIDI learn page and editable list
- Global preferences page
- Over 2,600 factory presets
- 32 & 64-bit VST2, AU, AAX
- Mac OS X, Windows, Linux (beta)
- VST2, AU, AAX (Pro Tool 10.3.7 or newer) host software
- Multicore CPU with SSE2 (Sandy Bridge architecture or newer recommended)
- 60MB free hard disk space
- 1GB RAM (more recommended)
- 1000 x 600px or larger screen
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
DEMO RESTRICTIONS: The Hive demo is fully functional, but plays a mild crackling sound at irregular intervals. The demo is unlocked with a serial number.