The SW4-C Multi-Switch Controller is a two-in-one device capable of performing a wide range of tasks.
Its main function is to act as a 4 way switch sending incoming cv information to 1 of 4 destinations.
It is also an important element in the R.O.M.O.S concept aimed at producing random soundscapes on multi-speaker set-ups.
As a secondary function, the SW4-C can be used as a compact controller with 8 knobs and 8 buttons.
Designed to provide controlled variation and randomness to any music production including live performance with or without human intervention, the SW4-C 4-way switch and controller comes with some unique features in a compact and user friendly format.
- Auto and manual mode for a hands-on experience or full automation
- Repeat and chance modes with full 0-127 range. Repeat mode allows to create predictable sequences while the chance mode is perfect for providing random switching while retaining control over the probability of a section being selected
- Full control of the switching timing with the use of a gate triggering system
- Controller mode with output for the 8 buttons and 8 knobs (unipolar/bipolar modes)
- 4 and 1/4 mode where the sections outputs are either all sent out (4) or the active section only (1/4)
- Multiple gate type modes: . Relay . Gated . Latch . Flip-flop
- Seed or complete random generation with a choice of 999 seeds
- Designed to work closely with TrafficControl (Black&Orange) and Charlotte (Jiggery Pokery)
- Expert coding by Pitchblende Ltd
- Integration into the R.O.M.O.S architecture. more detail in the corresponding video
- New expanded patch set.
- Two complete R.O.M.O.S examples: Birds and water soundscapes for a four speaker set-up (can be re-cabled for two)