Model-1 and Model-2 are two different synthesizer BD models which are already each in their own way powerful. Additionally we have added a ‘click/noise’ module for adding clicks based on a sinus waveform or by using noise. But also as a room sound, using pink noise the ‘click/noise’ part is awesome. With spread and offset you can create a very nice stereo room/noise effect to the BD sound.
The sample module includes sample based bass drums and fx sounds on board. But there the sound only starts. Many features are inside the sample module, to help you to modify the samples in a creative way. Of course, you can stack the sample module with another module, to create new BD sounds.
These models or sound sources come together inside the mixer and there it is also possible to send them first into the distortion module with 19 distortion algorithms. For general modulation we also added a free Envelope, LFO and a modulation matrix; for instance if you like to use the CV input to one of the many parameters. Finally, we added an analog modelled filter which can alter the total sound thats routed out of the mixer.
Last but not least, you can have PunchBD-RE playing at a fixed pitch, or play it ‘tuned’ over the whole keyboard range, which is popular among various music styles.
And…...Flip the Rack around and you will also find PunchBD-RE has also a back panel with CV inputs and gate trigger options, separate audio outputs and so on…..
So yes... Punch’s Bass Drum module is now in your Reason Rack!
Latest Version 1.0.2.
- fixed problem with reloading songs where samples are passed through distortion, causing a click.
- Added "Sample Boost" dial, this allows you to boost or lower volume of samples
- In back plate, added "Output after Filter" button, when this is on the individual model outputs are the model's output after it has been filtered.
- Fixed problem with audio input as a modulation source.
- New Rob Papen presets in the Diverse folder.