Create the classic 808 sounds you love and completely new sounds that are limited only by your imagination. BOOM’s 16 instruments are built using virtual analog synthesis, modeled on the circuitry from the original TR-808. Circuits like the trigger, swing VCA, bridged T-network, and multi-oscillator cymbal wave source are faithfully modeled. But BOOM isn’t a museum piece, it’s a completely updated modern instrument, with added capabilities such as new controls with expanded ranges, and inputs and outputs that go far beyond the original TR-808. BOOM gives you the bassline too, with a fully playable bass synthesizer using the classic 808 kick. Why waste time searching through samples? With boom, you can instantly get the sounds you want just by tweaking a few knobs.
- Virtual analog modeled percussion and bass synthesizer inspired by the Roland TR-808
- 16 instruments, and a full bass synthesizer
- individual stereo outputs for each instrument
- CV gate, pan and level control for each instrument
- pan and level knobs for each instrument
- full automation of all controls
- ANalogify control adds analog flavor
- Poly or mono per each instrument up to 128 voices
BOOM 808 was inspired by the TR-808, originally created by Roland Corporation. For over 30 years, the sounds of the 808 have played a part in a massive amount of music, from hip hop, house and pop to today’s EDM and Trap music. The sounds of the 808 are an indispensable part of modern music.
Version 1.0.3 update:
- Enhanced compatibility and feedback with Nektar controllers
The TR-808 was originally produced by Roland®. Roland® is a registered trademark of Roland Corporation and/or Roland Corporation U.S. The reference to Roland® is made here strictly for the legitimate purpose of comparison, and it does not in any way imply Roland®’s permission or endorsement of this product.
Download user manual: http://www.reasonsync.com/BOOM_user_manual.pdf
DISCLAIMER: Josh Levy and "BOOM 808 Percussion Synth" are not affiliated with Avid Technology, Inc. "BOOM 808 Percussion Synth" is a Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason, while Avid's "Boom" is a plugin for Avid Pro Tools. All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.