The Anniversary Sale, 16-22nd October!
Arm your rack and take Reason modulation to the next level with Ammo's 136 basic and complex waveforms.
With four audio oscillators that can be freely mixed and routed, and a massive frequency range, Ammo features an all-audio rate internal oscillator path suitable for both audio and CV output.
Available in three variants, the single oscillator 100LA, the four syncable oscillator 400R with internal mixer and routing bus, and the flagship 1200BR available here, which includes 8 further CV-rate LFOs, four of which can be routed internally or externally, in the Battery Low Frequency Ordnance Processor for automatic waveform and external audio crossfading and switching, and lo-fi S&H (sample and hold) effects.
User Guide Download Ammo User Guide
Designed and built by Reason users with over ten years experience in the software, Ammo provides a set of unique modulation tools, including features never seen before in Reason, including multiple oscillator sync modes, and dual-mode/dual-slope lag controls to independently smooth abrupt voltage changes of the up and down waveform slopes.
Ammo 1200BR features
- Four audio oscillators
- 135 preset waveforms provide easy-to-use, predictable but complex modulation curves, and a random stepped wave
- Massive native frequency range from 0.001 Hz to 8,372 Hz, plus 31 tempo sync speeds from 32/1 to 1/128T
- Select "always on" oscillator output, or retriggered keyboard control, including a built-in 6-stage amp envelope
- 360° phase adjustment
- Invertible waveform depth control
- Set portamento time per oscillator with legato - play Ammo like a Theremin!
- One-shot mode plays a selected waveform once per gate
- Apply a single "Master" rate (Oscillator A) to control rates all other "Slave" oscillators (B, C and D)
- Choose from three oscillator synchronisation modes, Hard, Soft Phase or Soft Overlap, to sync slave oscillators to the master oscillator
Voltage Processing Matrix
- Add or subtract all four oscillators with each other, individually per oscillator output
- Lag controls: for the first time in Reason use separate lag control (slew limit) for the up and/or down stages of the waveform, and choose whether the slew limiting should be linear or logarithmic
- Lag controls can be used as low-pass filters
- Fine-tune the output level with a master channel output adjustment
- Crossfade an oscillator with summed inputs from other oscillators, or select to sum by itself
- Positive and negative waveform value indicators for each output
- Four CV rate outputs per channel
- One audio output per channel
- Send button to route signals through the Battery Low Frequency Ordnance Processor
Battery Low Frequency Ordnance Processor
- Process four channels of external audio, and/or the Ammo oscillators through it's built-in chain of module
- Sample & Hold, with noise modulation, with a separate square wave oscillator per channel to set the S&H rate
- Comparator outputs either the highest, lowest or difference value of each input pair per sample batch for near-instant waveform switching to create brand new, fluid waveforms
- Advanced proprietary electro-switch can modulate the input waveform with itself, extra LFOs, or it's paired oscillator channel. Features four additional CV-rate LFOs with 25 waveforms, which can additionally be used via ReARM either internally, or made available to output via extra CV Outputs
- Attentuator with Scale (an extra waveform depth control), Shift (+/- voltage with no scaling, for bipolar to unipolar conversion) and a soft Limiter (0 dB)
- Envelope mode switcher: set the envelope to use Charlotte's CF mode instead of standard Reset
- Set ReARM internal CV-rate FM from exponential to linear. (Audio-rate FM is currently available as exponential only)
- Choose linear or logarithmic modes independently for lag up and lag down controllers
- Electro-Switch pulse width adjustment allows you to individually set the pulse width for the each of the Electro-Switch LFOs for shuffle effects
Re-ARM: Remote Analogue Routing Matrix
- Quickly set up performance controllers for Pitch Wheel, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch and Expression to major Ammo targets
- Use the Internal Routing Matrix to direct up to four sources to three targets each. Includes all the major targets plus deeper control possibilities, with an automatable Off/On switch for each row of sources
- Audio rate FM and AM available from the next adjacent oscillator
- Adjust the sensitivity of Re-ARM sources to rate modulation - a 7th, one or two octaves, or full range (26 octaves)!
- An "extra" set of four CV inputs and outputs are available
- Further targets are available in the Performance section
- The Internal Routing Matrix features many more selectable sources and targets from the Battery section
Designed by Jiggery-Pokery Sound, Coded by Pitchblende Ltd
- One-shot will now correctly reset waveform if envelope has long release time
- Vastly improved startup performance should clear “Song too slow” errors on songfile loading.
- Oscillator Envelopes are now turned on by default to prevent patch browse noises that were caused by the free-running oscillators
- Fixed rare property notification issue at startup
- Fixed crash when connecting C CV Out to C Env I
- Adjusted waveforms 42–45 to a more useful exponential half-range
- Fixed sample error on waveforms 77–78
- Disabled playhead sync when using One-Shot Mode, where it is not required
- Improved behaviour of waveform 136 (random) in Tempo Sync Range: set Phase to 360° and use Rate control only. Note that there are still two samples per cycle, so set the Rate to half what you require for a single sample value
- New patches
- Added separate Comparators to B and D channels
- Added a depth control for Electro-Switch
- Added Semitone and Cents ranges to Oscillators A–D for quick precision tuning at audio rates
- Improved inverting knob behaviour
- Fixed synchronisation to playhead in tempo sync ranges