Frequently asked questions
What do I need to be able to use Rack Extensions?
I prefer not to connect my computer to the internet, can I still use Rack Extensions?
Rack Extensions do require active internet connection at least once, when you access the Propellerhead Shop (or your account pages) and download/install the Rack Extensions on your machine. However, after installation it’s possible to put your purchased Rack Extension licenses on your Ignition Key and run them without an internet connection. Try-licenses are online-only. Once you have purchased, you will be able to store the license on your ignition key.
- Will Rack Extensions affect the performance of Reason/Reason Essentials?
Try and Buy
- Can I use a Try-license on a computer without internet connection?
- For how long can I try a Rack Extension?
- What payment methods do you offer?
- Can I change my saved credit card details?
- What does "Enable one-click checkout" mean?
Download and install
- What is Authorizer?
My purchased Rack Extension does not show up in Reason?
Please make sure your key and downloads are up to date:
- Make sure you have installed and run the latest version of Reason/Reason Essentials on your computer
- Go to your User Account page.
- Click the “Download All” button
- Make sure your Ignition Key is connected, and click the “Manage Licenses” button. If prompted, click “Update”
- Restart Reason and allow Reason to update your Rack Extension license(s) if prompted
- My download was interrupted and now I can't seem to find my Rack Extensions. Where can I download them?
- After checkout, my browser asks permission to run an application. What should I do?
My web browser says "phrem" is not associated with any known application. What should I do?
Products in the Propellerhead Shop are downloaded through a utility Application called Authorizer. Authorizer is installed on your computer the first time you run Reason version 6.5 or Reason Essentials version 1.5. If your web browser does not launch Authorizer for you when attempting to download, launch Reason or Reason Essentials once to install Authorizer, then attempt the download again.